Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Naija country mix #2


Found myself hankering for some country sounds, and since we all enjoyed the last Naija Sounds in Country & Western Music mix, I decided to throw together a sequel. Behold the track listing:

1. "Darling" - Felix Lebarty
2. "Angie" - Esbee Family
3. "It's Not Easy" - Emma Ogosi
4. "Bright Eyes" - Jonel Cross
5. "Show a Little Bit of Kindness" - Christy Essien-Igbokwe
6. "Sometime, Someday" - Al Jackson
7. "Be In Your Arms" - Poor Charley Akaa
8. "Dark as a Dungeon" - Gnonnas Pedro

(You'll notice that despite the established theme, I included one non-Nigerian artist; I had to sneak Gnonnas Pedro across the border from République du Bénin because I love his rendition of "Dark as a Dungeon" that damn much.)

DOWNLOAD Naija to Nashville

(EDIT: Okay... Let's see if this works now...)

13 comments:

Goofy said...

Nice idea but doesn't work. At least not on my MacBook. Shame, really, since you post good material.

Comb & Razor said...

For real?

Hmmm... That's odd. Okay, let's wait and see if anybody else is having this problem...

Did you right-click on it?

Whisk E. Bear said...

I use a Mac and had no trouble: Control + click and "Save Link As..."

Whisk E. Bear said...

(And thank you for this ... that first mix was awesome!)

Comb & Razor said...

Yeah... Last week someone else on a MacBook said that he had trouble when he clicked on the links. I told him to right-click and then it was okay.

(It's weird, because I'm on a MacBook myself.)

Anonymous said...

where is the image to click on ?
i dont see any image

Comb & Razor said...

Wow... A lot of folks are having trouble with this, huh?

I'll edit it...

(So ends my noble experiment with image-embedded links.... *sigh*)

gilhodges said...

It didn't work with Safari, but it did with Firefox (once I disabled the JavaScript). Nothing was going to keep me from these gems. Your generous spirit and exquisite taste are a thing to behold. Many thanks.

Comb & Razor said...

You're welcome, Gil!

But I'm pretty concerned with this not-working in-Safari-deal...

I'm on Firefox myself right now... Perhaps I should switch to Safari and see what happens...

Thanks for bringing that particular wrinkle to my attention.

Goofy said...

Works like a dream now. Great music!! As always on your site...

Comb & Razor said...

Ahhh... That's a relief!

Anonymous said...

A bit behind the party here...

Really enjoyed the first Naija installment, so I'm looking forward to this. Thanks.

joe

Comb & Razor said...

Hope you dig it, Joe... I'll admit that somehow I don't think it's as strong as the first one, but the third installment will probably make up for it!